Automatic Drum Filter Features
1. made for landscape ponds and aquaculture
2. structure compact, easy installation
3. filtration capacity from 30-330 m3 of water per hour
4. totally self-cleaning, automatic back wash
5. high quality and environmentally-friendly materials
6. very low noise
7. gravity& pump mode
8. options for integrated UV lamp with double function
9. easy operation and low maintenance
10. long life time up to 15 years
- Sensor for automatic function
- Sensor for pond refill function
- Sensor for emergency stop
- Sensor for cover, to stop the filter running when opening the cover
- Intensive cleaning function
- Backwash cleaning function
- Connection of automatic feeder if needed
- Possibility to connect sensor for Oxygen incl. O2-regulation
- Separate spray nozzle for the waste water pit
- Open waste water pit to check inside the drum
- Drum is supported with bearing rolls, very easy to turn Automatic Drum Filter Working Principle
The polluted water enters the HDF through the water inlet pipes, flows into the boxes, and then into the interior of the filtering drum. The filtering drum is covered with a micro mesh filter. The polluted water can only leave the drum by passing the filter mesh, all particles bigger than the filter mesh will stay inside the drum filter. The waste particles will slowly block the filter mesh, makes it hard for the water through the filter, which leads to a lower water level in the clear water chamber of the filter. Once the water level dropped to a minimum level – indicated by sensor - the controller starts the washing process. The process contains the rotation of the filter drum by a geared motor and multiple nozzles spraying water with high pressure to the outside of the filter mesh. The waste which has clogged the filter mesh is flushed into the waste tray, and then leaves the filter by wastewater discharge through waste outlet.
Pump mode and Gravity mode
HDF Application Scope
Ponds and Aquaculture
Suzhou Kingto Water Treatment Co.,Ltd. Knows what the importance of well-design and high quality system filter is:
1.The material of our drum filter is imported HDPE-100 via Germany. The material is very stable and meets all requirements about the filter box. All is made of the same material, so there is no problem in different temperatures. The screws we use are made of stainless steel 304 or 316L for seawater. The screen of the drum is made from Polyester, if it needs for your project, we can also offer 30, 40, 60 or 90micrometer mesh.
2.The first important equipment of the drum filter is the controller. We use it for our drum filter, original Siemens controller in connection with 4 no-touch sensors. One is for cleaning process of the filter, one for re-fill of the pond if necessary, one for stopping all functions because of water lost in the pond and one for the cover, opening the cover of the drum filter can stop all functions, too.
The second important equipment is the high-pressure pump, which is to clean the filter mesh with spray nozzles. Here, our small drum filter 40 m3/h and 60m3/h have equipped with German Wilo pumps. And the big drum filter 300m3/h we use only Grundfos from Denmark, its pressure is 6 up to 8 bar.
The third important equipment is the gear motor, which is to move the drum in the cleaning process. The gear motor we use is from German SEW. So all equipment we install in our drum filter are from world-leading companies with certificates CE &GS and long experience.
3.With the high quality equipment, all user don't need many maintenance. In additional, the direct drive has a high reliability, because of no chain or belt broken or gliding from the gear. All equipment has a very long life time. Only important thing/warning is to save the drum filter against directly sunshine, because the HDPE can be bend in this situation. But this disadvantage will be balanced with the much lower price, than stainless steel drum filter with same quality.
4.Because of all reasons, we can reassure our clients a life time up to 15 years and more of our drum filter.